Dumplings for my dumpling


My eldest son loves all dumplings and dumpling type foods. He especially likes it when I make my own version of potstickers which I learned from a college roomate. He's never enjoyed vegetarian ones, however- until these.




1 package wonton wrappers


1lb package of seasoned tofu (Nasoya 'chinese' seasoning)- well drained


1 egg


1 carrot, shredded


1 green onion (greens and whites)


1 tsp sesame oil


1/2 tsp sesame seeds


about 6 or 8 snow peas chopped finely


1 clove garlic chopped


1 tsp fresh ginger chopped


1/4 package frozen chopped spinach also well drained


Place in boiling water for about 4 min.


Serve with a splash of soy sauce or in chicken broth.



Its important that the tofu & spinach are really well drained. Cant emphasize this enough. Mix everything but wrappers in a bowl. Put about 1 tsp of filling into the center of each wonton wrapper and fold, use egg to seal. Most packages have a diagram of how to fold them. Personally, I am too culturally hidebound and can only make mine look like tortellini, but they taste great anyway.




1 comment:

  1. Hi, i love your recipe.. Can you please tell me where you can buy the wanton wrapper here in Dubai?

    ReplyDelete

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...