Sushi at home.

Sushi is one of those foods that one doesn't generally try for at home. Going out to sushi, especially to the place with the floating boat that travels around the room to deliver you your sushi, is an excellent experience. Also, I have not mastered seaweed salad; one of my major motivations for going out to sushi in the first place. Still, due to current domestic situation, I'm not going anywhere...



For the rice- 1 cup rice, 2cups water, splash of rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp sugar. Cook it.

This evening, I made a few different ones- all with smoked salmon because the boys like it.

1. yellow pepper and string beans with salmon

2. avocado and salmon

3. cucumber, cream cheese and salmon

4. for my vegetarian mr. Muffin Puffcake, yellow pepper, string beans, avocado and cucumber.



In order to take this picture, I had to pry the plate from one of their little hands. Five rolls of about 6 pieces each is nowhere near enough for three hungry little boys and their momma. I had to serve them whole wheat tortillas to fill their bellies...

Purchased a digital camera so now I dont have to scrounge images off the net. Cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...