Thanksgiving menu planning hell.

With Thanksgiving coming on and all, I want that homemade, genuine American experience...
A fried Butterball turkey, stove top stuffed inside, Idahoan spuds, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, green beans in onion soup with fried onion rings on top, a Mrs. Smith's pie... all that crap...
You get nostalgic for stuff you would never have if you were at home, its weird. Its why Americans can be seen in their cars singing Elton John's 'Philadelphia Freedom' whenever it's on the radio...
So what are we having? I need to speed up the menu planning process or I'm going to find myself at Spinney's on the morning of the day in question grasping desperately at whatever whole chicken I can find...
Working backwards:
For dessert, I think I will make a pumpkin cheesecake, we've got this lovely yogurt cheese here called labneh that makes a fabulous cheesecake.
For a salad maybe pears, walnuts, blue cheese and golden raisins over frisee with a balsamic vinaigrette.
I like your classic green beans almondine, just have to find some green beans that dont taste like they've been watered with greywater (which they probably have...). Or maybe a broccoli and yellow pepper stir fry.
I'm torn between sweet and white potato, this is a tough one. I wish I knew how to make my mothers poopie potatoes, it uses both...
Then, either Turkey or going nuts and making Braciole. I think Mr. Dumpling might keel over if we didnt have turkey...
For appetizers, deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms and maybe a crostini...
We shall see if I manage to put this together... its about a 50/50 shot right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...