Resolution this!

Never been much of a New Year's resolution person. But I did decide that I don't want to let this blog die. Its too much fun to go back and read about what we were doing and eating at different time points. When I started this I hoped it would exist as a recipe journal for my kids, something I think is more important with the passing of my dad since he was so secretive in the kitchen... Anyhoo...

We're back in the UAE and back on the healthy program after a Christmas of booze, cheese and a hideously unsuccessful turducken. Which maybe I'll recount for you, but I'm still feeling rather broken up about...

My DH has to fly today and since I was up at 4a, I made him this lovely breakfast frittata (really baked eggs...). You can fool around with ingredients as much as you want and based on what is available, but try to stick to a theme, today was Mediterranean/ Greek.

Breakfast frittata
Lightly grease a small-medium sized casserole pan (8"x6"x4"), with butter or olive oil (1/4 tsp is all you need). Fill it with:
1/4 cup chick peas
6 kalamata olives- chopped
1/2 cup asparagus- cut into 1/2" pieces
1/3 large red pepper- chopped
1/4 cup low-fat feta- crumbled
1/2 red onion- also chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
5 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
Bake at 350 or so for around 25 min or until set in center. Its actually better served at room temperature than hot out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...