Golden Raisin Cookies

I had to go look at a house today and wanted to bring a treat for the kids who were sitting through a long car ride.
Basically, this is a recipe that didnt exactly work, these cookies came out too much like raisin toll-house rather than a raisin shortbread, which was what I wanted, but they were absolutely gone in a very short time, so they must be ok.

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup fine corn meal (I think I should have used a coarser grind)
1 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter
1/4 cup each brown and white sugar
1 tsp vanilla (or cardamom, which I still cant find...)
1 egg
2 tbsp 1/2 & 1/2
1 cup golden raisins

Cream together butter, sugar and egg. Add vanilla and cream. In a separate bowl, fork sift dry ingredients, including raisins. (Sifting the raisins into the dry ingredients insures they will be evenly distributed in your cookies)
Add wet to dry ingredients, form into cookies, bake at 350 for about 11 minutes.
Cool on a rack.

Next time I might leave out the 1/2 &1/2 and go for a dryer cookie and bring a more substantive snack, since it took absolutely FOREVER to look at this house. Wish me luck, we might actually buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...