Simple Roasted Supper

The supermarket has an excellent house-brand here, with all kinds of products from canned tomatos and beans to toilet paper. Recently, because we are such an on-the-go dynamic Dubai family (haha), I've taken to making simple roasted dinners in my oven. I have now figured out how to turn it on without popping every breaker in the apartment (so much for super-fast construction...), its very exciting. These usually consist of a vegetable, starch and meat so the kids are happy as long as I dont add any sauces...

I added their frozen mixed roasted vegetables to a baking pan, topped them with some olive oil and garlic and cooked them for about 20 min at what I guess was around 300 degrees. I served them over some basmati rice with a little leftover lamb. The children actually ate it. It was delicious.

Then we went out for ice cream so I actually dont know if they liked their dinner. I know that ice cream is good bribery to get people to eat their vegetables...

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...