Bread: step 3

After the dough had risen for about 3 hours, I put the bowl back on the mixer and kneaded it well with the dough hook for about 5 min. I turned the dough out into a well greased 10" cast iron frying pan and let it rise on the radiator again for about 2 hours.

Once the dough completely filled the pan, I covered it with a lid and put it in a pre-heated 350-degree oven. After 1/2 hour, I uncovered the pan and let it finish cooking for 30 min more.

The end result was tasty, but I think I dont like the shape very much- kind of impractical.

It was excellent torn up with a soft boiled egg. The boys thought it was "awfully brown, but acceptable in taste."!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...