Brownies

I like to return a pan with something good in it, if I can. Last night we had dinner with friends, a delicious lasagne (hopefully, I can get the recipe and will post it...) and my contribution was brownies and chocolate chip ice cream.
The brownies were really good and really easy, I'm kind of surprised about it, I've never been very confident of my brownies. Here's how:

Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease a 9" square glass pan.

In a medium-sized bowl, melt together about 10oz of chocolate (I used nestles morsels mixed with some perugina bittersweet) and a stick of butter. The microwave is good for this on the defrost setting, just pull it out and stir it every 30 sec. or so until smoothly blended.

In another, larger bowl, use a wisk to blend two eggs with 3/4 cup of white sugar. Beat this until well combined and a little frothy.

Add the chocolate to the egg and sugar mixture, blend. You could use a mixer, but its hardly necessary.

In another bowl, sift together 11/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, and 1/2 cup baking cocoa. Blend this slowly into the egg, sugar, chocolate mix.

Spread evenly in the pan. Bake for about 35 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. The brownies will fall in the middle, dont worry about it, it doesn't effect the taste.

Serve with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...