Curried Spinach and Tofu

Still trying to go veg for lent, I decided to make curried spinach and tofu. I really wanted to make or eat Palak paneer, its an Indian cheese and spinach dish, but I cant find the cheese anywhere and $$ is a little tight since moving (had to buy furniture and appliances and all... ) so I didnt want to eat out.

I took an 200g package of firm tofu and placed it in a strainer around mid day- just to draw off the extra water. At supper time, I sauteed 1 package of frozen spinach with a clove of garlic and about 1/2 a red onion. When the spinach was defrosted, I added some yellow curry paste, about a tbsp, and the tofu cubed. I cooked this over a medium heat until heated through, finished it with a splash of coconut milk, and served it over brown rice. Very nice. Not too difficult. Enjoyed by grownups, tried by children (some complaining...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...