Pretending its Italy...Lamb, Lemons, Mozzarella....

We had people coming to dinner who got a better offer and blew us off, which is a little weird, but happens. Dubai- land of flakes and nuts. I am babysitting tonight anyway for a friend whose maid is off celebrating the end of the war in Sri Lanka (my maid & her sister are still asleep... these ladies NEVER sleep past 7 - its 3:30pm! I wish they would take me to the party.)

Anyway, so I have a lamb shoulder in part because it was cheap and in part because I am remembering a pork shoulder my husband's friend Woody made for us one summer afternoon. TO DROOL OVER. Slow cooking, as I recall was the key. I should probably call the South Africans in on this as they are a barbecue loving people, but I'm going to use the oven, and cook it while we are at the pool....

I covered the lamb in an olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic slurry and then pressed it with dried italian herbs all over. This has become my preferred method for cooking roasts of anykind. Then I cooked it in a roasting pan at 120 for about two hours. It was delicious, fall-off the bone delicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...