Jade Garden Dumplings...

We're on a bit of a financial austerity program related to the general unpredictability of the world economy (nobody actually NEEDS to get into that metal tube and rocket around the planet- we know this), and the cost of heating and the radical devaluation of real-estate etc. etc.

SO, I've been avoiding eating out since we got home because food is the biggest part of the budget that I can control. That and I've been terrorized by food activism to the point of paralysis (see previous post)....

BUT the boys prevailed upon me to get them their favorite Jade Garden Dumplings last night. I offered to make dumplings, but Mr. Dumpling wanted dumplings made by 'professionals', cant argue that. They were delicious. Soft steamed dumplings filled with salty, ginger-y, pork mince. I made some mixed steamed vegetables and a salad on the side... Pretty worth it and on the table in 15 min, always a benefit.

I'll be cleaning the car myself in the backyard to make up for the $$, hope the weather holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...