Carbo mourning...

In this part of the world (Italian-American New England) when someone dies, everyone they know then attempts to kill the remaining relatives with carbohydrates. My father has not been dead for 48 hours and my mother, who cannot eat, has received approximately:
15lbs of baked ziti
7lbs of pasta salad
50 tiny chicken salad sandwiches (these were my dad's favorites and, in the right mood, he was fully capable of taking out at least 10)
1 dozen colossal muffins
5 enormous calzones of various flavors
1 extra large box of pizza strips
this doesnt even include the carbohydrate festivals that are unfolding at my house and my brother's house.
What is this about?Who eats like this? Please, someone, send me a salad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...