Grapefruit salsa is marvelous on rich fish like salmon or char. Peel the grapefruit and remove as much of the pith (white part) as possible from each section. Cut the fruit into bite-size chunks. Cut 1/2 of a Hass avocado, one small red onion, add salt, pepper, and cilantro and/or jalapeno pepper to taste. Splash with Cider vinegar (1 tsp or so) and season with salt and pepper.
Take a bunch of garlic bulbs. Twist out the center stem. Place the bulbs on an aluminum foil sheet or in a garlic baker (they make these just for this, but foil works fine...) Drizzle the garlic with olive oil, sprinkle with pepper. Its also nice to drizzle honey over it.
Fun you can have with roasted garlic:
- Whip a whole head of roasted garlic into mashed potatoes.
- Blend 5 or 6 cloves into salad dressing.
- Mix the garlic with butter and salt and spread on toasted french bread.
- Mix into homemade (or even good store bought) mayonnaise.
- Roasted Garlic hummus.
- Butterfly a tenderloin (pork or beef), spread it with roasted garlic, parsley, salt and pepper, tie up and roast.
- Mix the garlic with goat cheese and serve as an appetizer.