Smoothie


Its summer, officially, as of today. So in celebration, that and its 80 degrees out and I am stuck at home with my vacuum cleaner, I'm making smoothies.

The key is the blender. I dont mean to be a blender snob, but a glass canister is essential, that and a powerful motor. I have a cuisinart, which I like ok, it could be more macho in the motor department. Still, it was relatively inexpensive and it gets the job done. Here's a picture of the model I have, they're on sale too!
The smoothie I am drinking right now in celebration of the summer solstice is:
1 frozen banana
about 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/4 cup fresh yogurt (THANKS SHARON!!!)
1 tsp. wheat germ
1/4 cup apple juice
Rum would be a nice addition if you ditch the yogurt and maybe the wheat germ.
That's it. Be sure to blend it until the blender is running smoothly with no chunky parts.
Drink up- happy summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...