Christmas Brunch

I have to say I found my Thanksgiving dinner to be sort of stressful. For a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the lack of usable space in our kitchen, it just wasnt much fun. So for Christmas, rather than trying to have a big meal again, we decided to have people over for brunch.
The menu was:
A Christmas Egg Strata (kind of a combo Martha Stewart and Nigella Lawson...)
An apple-sauce berry cake
A whole enormous rasher of back bacon imported from England (yeah airline pilots...)
A fruit salad of pineapple, rasberry, blueberry and strawberries
A Salmon plate with labneh, red onion and tomato (cant find capers...).
Pomegranite Lime juice coolers and coffee.
A good time was had by all, although the kids informed me on the way to Mass that they hadn't eaten anything except Chocolate Santa, and I guess I've AGAIN learned my lesson about keeping it simple.
Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...