Green Green Curry

I'm tinkering around with curries again. I am the only person in my house who likes green curry, so I get to make it on days like today... The boys are still so jet lagged and were crying and falling asleep by 5pm. I quickly made bowls of noodle soup for them (stock, chinese egg noodles, spices and vegetables...)and put them to bed with the promise that tomorrow will be happier.

I've got lots of food handy- husband shanghaied a Flight Attendant into helping him grocery shop prior to our arrival. Thank you, dear... So I've made some brown rice and am throwing together a green green curry.
For vegetables I'm using stringbeans, some leftover broccoli, green pepper, frozen broad beans, onion, and garlic. I'm adding firm tofu to the vegetables.

I usually cook these with a bit of olive oil, then the onions and garlic with a generous helping of green curry paste. I'm loving the brand that's linked here. Then I'll add the tofu and cook it until its beginning to brown, then the veg and I'll cover that and let it cook for about 10 min until all the veg are getting a bit bright and soft.

Once it seems ready, I'll add about 1/2 cup of coconut milk and eat it over rice. I could eat this every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...