Broken eggs...

So today was kind of a strange one. I went to the market after dropping them off at school and running the suburban mom gossip gauntlet. I managed to get everything I needed and get it all into the house before the trouble started.

One 1/2 gallon of milk was almost entirely lost because it was leaking out the bottom of the carton (Organic- $3.49 down the drain...), the peanut butter I bought was expired (I didnt know this was possible and I'm NOT throwing it out..), AND I broke an entire carton of eggs on the floor because I was trying to juggle too many things at once.
The big question was then what to do with all these broken eggs. Since its spring, sort of, I made a pie.

8 broken eggs (pick out most of the shells)
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup cooked sausage
1/4 cup cheese cubed or shredded (your choice)
1 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp parmesan
salt & pepper to taste

Butter an 8" baking pan. Put the sausage, spinach and cheese in. Take the eggs and whirl them up in a blender with the mayo, pour over sausage. Top with pepper, salt and parmesan. Bake at 350 or so for 20-30 min or until just set (it will finish cooking in the pan).

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...