In-law Palooza

The in-laws are descending. Tonight, burgers on the grill. My DH, who has been away too long, picked up the bathroom copy of Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa At Home (which every family needs). He has become fixated on a delicious-looking blue cheese burger. I'm not about to impose my new-found veganism on my husband (or his family for that matter) so I'm making them.

I'm modifying her recipe a bit, using 1 lb ground turkey and 1lb ultra-rich ground beef from our town farmer's market. Mixing them up with 1 egg, a generous bunch of garlic powder and some fresh basil and oregano.
These went on the grill for 5 min on one side, 3 on the other and were topped with tomato, lettuce, onion and blue cheese. I hear they were good. I ate a grilled portobello mushroom which was tasty but wasn't a burger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...