Full Circle

This blog started with a recipe and thoughts about rice pudding and since my life has certainly come full circle- ok, several full circles, in the last year, I thought the blog should too.
Tonight I made some more rice pudding. I used brown basmati rice, which I like better than the short grained brown rices, although it still gets a slightly bitter taste which I'm attributing to the bran being cooked in milk. Possibly its unavoidable.
I cooked the rice with about 1 tablespoon of raw cane sugar and a tablespoon of indian powdered ginger. When it was cooked, I added one egg stirring it in very well to avoid the problem of sweet, rice-y, scrambled eggs (eww.)
I packed it into a tupperware and put it in the fridge. I'll finish this in the morning when I eat it for breakfast.


Sept 26- It was pretty good. A little dry. It would be excellent with a selection of fresh berries. Unfortunately, we are here to save money not spend it all on breakfast, so a selection of fresh berries is fairly out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...